- This event has passed.
2022 Summer school on superconducting electronics
25 September, 2022 - 30 September, 2022
2022 Summer school on Superconducting Electronics is intended for students, engineers, researchers and newcomers who want to get familiar with Superconducting Electronics and its applications.
The school will only take place in presence, with no on-line participation. In case of force majeure due to a new unexpected Covid wave, the school will not be cancelled, but only postponed at a different date.
The courses of the summer school are considered by doctoral schools of European Universities. PhD students who require it can ask for a certificate of attendance to this school to obtain ECTS credits from their respective doctoral schools.
Each attendee is asked to make a poster presentation showing her/his current work or interest to create interactions and mutual interests. Special sessions are reserved for a 60-mn oral pitch session where each attendee can shortly present his work to be displayed during the poster sessions.
Lectures will given on the following topics :
- Quantum physics, basics of superconductivity and Josephson effect
- Thin-film fabrication techniques for both low-Tc and high-Tc superconductors
- Superconducting digital electronics: basics, circuit design, layout, verification
- Superconducting qubits and quantum-limited measurements
- Superconducting neuromorphics
- SQUIDs: working principles, noise performances, main configurations, micro and nano-SQUIDs and their nanoscale applications, scanning SQUID microscopy
- Superconductor-based metrology
- Superconducting detectors: THz detectors, SIS mixers, Hot Electron Bolometers (HEB), Microwave Kinetic Inductance Detectors (MKIDs), SNSPDs, …
- Cryogeny and cryogenic systems: main properties, available systems, handling