- This event has passed.
Quantum Thermodynamics of Non-Equilibrium Systems (QTDNEQ20)
13 October, 2020 - 16 October, 2020
The workshop will focus on new developments in the understanding of quantum thermodynamics in non-equilibrium systems, with emphasis on the meso- and nanoscopic scale. Special attention will go to possible implementations of proof-of-principle experiments of systems working in the quantum regime.
We intend to bring together experts and younger researchers in the field of non-equilibrium quantum thermodynamics so as to stimulate exchange and discussions about the newest topics in the field. Therefore, besides the invited talks, we plan slots for contributed talks, a poster session and time for discussion. We hope the conference will lead to new collaborations, and that it will contribute to the progress of the field through the interchange of information and new ideas.
- Basic phenomena of thermodynamics at the quantum level
- Proof of principle proposals and experiments
- Quantum heat engines
- Link between information and thermodynamics
- Bath engineering (for state preparation, Lindbladian engineering)
- Control of quantum dynamics